Vacation and Detox
Tis the time to return from our summer vacations and rebalance our bodies. I myself just returned from Kansas..the land of midwest cooking. This is a picture of my dad. He has been vegetarian since the 1970’s and is currently 83 years old. He does not take any medications, exercises daily, meditates, and takes his naturopathic supplements. His mind is sharp and creative.
It truly matters what we eat most of the time. I say most, because we all take vacations and will get off track..I definitely do! On cruises that I’ve taken, and on this vacation, I ate and ate all that I wanted. Were there consequences? Sure! The need for more sleep, bloating, and less energy was immediate. I did work out a lot so that definitely helped with the recovery process upon coming home. I am now back to eating a mostly raw food diet and feeling great again. Following are some tips to help minimize the recovery process and also to facilitate detoxification when you get back.
1. If at all feasible work out while on vacation. It doesn’t have to take a lot of time, simply do 20 minutes of RIGOROUS exercise. In other words, get your heart rate up and sweat. This facilitates detoxification WHILE you’re on vacation, increases stamina so you can do more, and lessens recovery time when you get back.
2. Keep the bowels moving. Constipation is common during travel and when you are eating irregularly. It’s important to stay regular while on vacation to keep from becoming incredibly toxic, which contributes to headaches, allergies, and fatigue. Drink lots of water and if necessary take a natural supplement to assist daily movements. Slim caps is a safe non-laxative supplement that is effective in moving the bowels via the liver. It also assists in fat breakdown within the colon.
3. Drink green tea daily. Starting each vacation day with a couple cups of green tea facilitates detoxification and will increase your overall energy while vacationing. It does not have the acidic effects that coffee does and is full of anti-oxidants. Calli tea is a great detoxifying green tea. I never go a morning without it, no matter what country I find myself in.
4. Sleep. Getting sufficient sleep while on vacation will decrease your recovery time when you get home. Your immune system will work better, your digestion will be more efficient, and sleep allows for natural detoxification processes to function.
5. Go raw and juice for a few days when you get home. A diet of fresh fruits and vegetables will saturate your body with living enzymes and micronutrients. These valuable phytonutrients enhance detoxification and renew the immune system, thereby preventing illness which commonly happens after travel. You will feel years younger after being raw for just a few days.
For more information on Slim Caps and Calli tea, email email@example.com. Happy Cleansing!
Source: Dr. Jane’s Blog
Source: Dr. Jane\’s Blog